TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF
LECTOR TRAINING SOLUTIONS LTD
General Terms and Conditions of
Lector Training Solutions Ltd
SECTION І “PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS”
“In order to build confidence in our service, it is important you read and acknowledge all the important terms and conditions. In this document, we will discuss all the details you need to know to use our services”.
1. BOOKING PROCEDURE (ONLINE/PHONE)
1.1 SIGNING INTO THE SERVICE
To make an online/phone booking you will need to register. This can be done on the website under the ‘Sign in’ section. Upon receipt of your registration request, the Administration Team will arrange for you to receive your personal login information. The Administration Team will be in contact with you to confirm that all the information is correct before creating your account.
1.2 CHOOSING YOUR SERVICE
Booking couldn’t be made easier! Please visit Lector’s website where you can book your desired services using either of the following methods:
Step by Step (Following the “Easy Booking Service”)
Following chronological questions, this process will take you through to choosing the product that will be best suited to your specific training requirements.
Traditional Method (Following the “Book On-Line” Section)
Here you can choose your desired training course directly from the list.
Booking By Phone
If you would prefer to contact Lector by telephone, please do not hesitate to do so. One of our Administrators will happily help you in finding the most suitable course for both your company and your team.
1.3 BOOKING THE COURSE (ONLINE BOOKING / PHONE BOOKING)
Once you selected your product and choose the date for your service, your request will be sent to the administration team, they will check all the details and availability for the date selected and reply to you by email confirming the course date/s, product/service name and invoice. If you booking your service by the phone same process apply. When making phone booking administration will also confirm booking details via email.
1.4 FINALIZING YOUR BOOKING AND CREATING FORMAL CONTRACT
To finalize the booking, please reply to booking email send by Lector and confirm your request to carry on with the course, this will confirm your acceptance of our terms and conditions (“Payments and cancellations” policy and “facilities needed to conduct the training”) and create a contract of work between “Lector”, you and company you work for.
2. PAYING FOR THE COURSE
Payments will be via “BACS” or “CHAPS” directly to LECTOR TRAINING SOLUTIONS LTD on the details below:
Name: Lector Training Solutions Ltd
Account number: 12771209
Sort Code: 403106
Address: 15 Ruth House, Lesley Place, Buckland Hill,
Maidstone, Kent, Me16 0UB
Remittance advice email address: email@example.com
2.2 INVOICE CLEARANCE
An invoice will become live 7 days before training commences and should be cleared to a maximum of 15 days after the last day of training. Please make sure that the enclosed invoice is forwarded to your Accounts Department for prompt payment.
2.3 LATE PAYMENT
Lector reserves the right to charge reasonable administration costs/interest where settlement is unduly delayed. The administration cost that will be added to the late payment is £25 per month or 1% per day of the due amount, whatever is greater at the end of the calendar month when we will send charge notice and penalty invoice.
The Certification will be printed and sent within 14 days after receiving the invoice payment or up to 14 days after training completion (whatever is further) and will be sent 1st class recorded delivery.
3. CANCELLATIONS / POSTPONEMENT
3.1 CANCELLATION BY CUSTOMER
Once the course is confirmed in writing be responding on final booking email, we can only cancel the booking 7 days prior to the first day of your course date, after this time you have right to reschedule to a maximum of 4 days before training but if the training is cancelled 50% charge will be applied. After 4 days (72h) before training you lose the right to reschedule and the full cost of the booking must to be paid. Should there be a lack of trainees or facilities on arrival (Please see requirements in “II. Facilities needed to conduct the training”) the course cost will also be payable in full.
3.2 CANCELLATION BECAUSE OF RISK FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY
Lector Trainers will attempt to deliver training in all weather conditions, however, if a decision is made by either trainer or/and site supervisor that it is unsafe to continue due to a risk to health and safety then this may incur a charge. This charge could be for the remaining hours of the current day, as well as any additional days that may be required in order to complete the course.
3.3 CANCELLATION BY LECTOR LTD
If for any reason a lector trainer is unable to attend to the site, such as but not limited to abnormal weather conditions, then our administration team will make contact to the relevant person as soon as possible, from this point they will reschedule the training for a mutually agreeable date at no additional cost.
4. OTHER CHARGES
There is a list of additional charges that you might encounter while booking our training. Please refer to section 4.1 additional charges for a breakdown.
4.1 Additional charges
Weekend - Saturday / Sunday - 8-hour course +£45
Unsocial hours -8-hour shift, start before 7 am or/and finish after 7 pm +£20
Night Shift - It is a shift starting before and finishes after midnight +£80
Additional work - Additional work starts after Lector is more than 8 hours on-site and require additional time to complete the course £15
London weighting - Postcode: BR, CR, , E, EC, EN, HA, IG, KT, N, NN, RM, SE, SL, SM, SW, TW, UB, W, WK, WD +£30, DA +£15
SECTION II “FACILITIES NEEDED TO CONDUCT THE TRAINING”
“Preparation for the Training”
5. ON ARRIVAL - On the day of training, one of our Lector Trainers will arrive around 5 mins before the course is due to start. This will allow time to sign in and discuss any necessary details with the onsite contact. We understand it’s not always possible to have booking staff present on the day of training, however, an alternative designated person would be useful to be able to complete the necessary trainer paperwork and act as a point of contact for any queries.
6. THEORY CLASSROOM – Good training always starts with a good introduction to the course, therefore for the following would be required:
Clear classroom space
Table & chairs
Access to an electrical socket
A blank wall (for projection) or
TV Screen with HDMI connection (if this is not available, we will use Lector’s laptop)
7. CANDIDATES - they should always have uninterrupted attendance whilst on training. This is essential for them to acquire all the necessary knowledge and will make the hours required by the training standards commission. Please make all necessary arrangements to make this happen e.g. staff cover. If the staff will be taken away from the course because of any workload commitments, there might be extra hours needed or days to cover course objectives at an additional charge.
8. SUITABILITY OF TRAINEES - all trainees must be medically fit to operate the equipment. The trainees should be responsible for people that understand the importance of health and safety and safe working practices. You need to make a good judgment of their skill set when choosing the course lengths and make sure they are the people you want to operate the machinery in your company. We do everything to make sure people receive the best possible standard of training, but from time to time there are some people that need more help to get up to the required standards. If that will be the case additional hours or days might be needed for a trainee to achieve required standards.
9. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS – All requirements can be met, however, should you have any additional requirements regarding the training or trainees please let us know 7 days prior to training commencing. This would allow us enough time to ensure all your needs are met and any additional learning aids are provided.
10. LANGUAGE - Courses are conducted in English if not booked differently, so it is vital for health and safety reasons that all delegates have enough English working knowledge to allow them to participate fully. We do have facilities for other languages but this will need to be arranged with the office on the day of booking.
11. APPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT – all equipment that we will be using during training must meet the required standards of PUWER and LOLER regulations. Ideally, LOLER and service sticker should be displayed on the machinery and if not, then appropriate paperwork needs to be accessible for the instructor on the day of training if he or she has doubts concerning the state of the equipment.
(For more information about these regulations look in the "useful information section" on our website). If the equipment will be not in safe working order, you might still be charged for the training if we are unable to carry on because of the unsuitable state of the equipment.
12. PRACTICAL TRAINING AREA - this area must be safe and fit for purpose with the stacking systems you use in your workplace. We will be using the space for training purposes and we must make sure we can eliminate/isolate or reduce traffic around this area as much as possible. Please make sure we have some sort of barriers we can use to cordon off the area. We will be working with you to keep the pace of work going and to eliminate any delays but if this isn’t possible additional time might be needed to complete training.
13. SUITABLE LOADS - for FLT operator training, a supply of empty pallets and a stackable load is required. We will work on the load you use on a daily basis or empty pallets. Whenever possible we will try to lift as many different types of loads as possible but as we are delivering basic training the requirements of familiarization and specific training is upon employer’s responsibility. You can read about this on our website in the “useful information section” page.
14. CONSENT – by booking the course we presume that the instructor running the course is able to use the course equipment as part of the training process and such consent is granted on all training days.
15. ACCESS PLATFORMS “MAN-UP MACHINES" - a current certificate of thorough examination as per LOLER regulations must be available for inspection at or before the commencement of the course.
16. PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) - This should be provided to all trainees in accordance with HSE Regulations and your own company policies and procedures.
17. ON MAN-UP MACHINES ESCAPE PROCEDURE– this will not be taught as part of basic training and can be arranged at a later date.
Last update: 11/11/2021
TEL: 01622 682 010
All rights reserved by LECTOR TRAINING SOLUTIONS LTD